The United Kingdom is at the cutting edge of many educational programs and fields, including engineering, business, the humanities, medicine, and others. Medicine, on the other hand, is one of the most prestigious and difficult programs available to students. Because of the high quality of its research programs, diverse culture, and professional training, many students from all over the world have chosen to study there. Medicine is one of the most competitive courses in the UK, and top UK universities attract thousands of international students each year for MBBS programs. Studying in the UK can be a life-changing experience filled with academic and personal growth opportunities. If you have strong academic credentials and can demonstrate that you have what it takes to study medicine, then applying to study MBBS in the UK is for you.
Professions in Medicine
There are over 60 roles available to medical school graduates, so there are plenty of opportunities available depending on your field of specialization. Expertise typically falls into the following groups:
- General Practice
Where Can I Study Medicine in UK?
Below, you can find out more about each medical school in the UK:
- University of Aberdeen, School of Medicine
- University of Edinburgh, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, UoL
- Cardiff University, School of Medicine
- University of Exeter, Medical School
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- University of Bristol, Faculty of Medicine
- University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine
- University of Birmingham, School of Medicine
- University of Dundee, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in the UK
Candidates seeking to study medicine in the UK must meet the following primary requirements:
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board.
- You must have passed the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) or the UKCAT (University Clinical Aptitude Test) / BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test) / GAMSAT (Graduate Admissions Test) (Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test).
- Students interested in studying MBBS in the UK must first take English proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOFEL, and PTE, followed by a personal interview conducted by some universities.
Note: Please keep in mind that entry requirements differ between UK universities.
What is the cost of study MBBS in UK for Indian students?
Annual tuition fees for MBBS programs at universities in the United Kingdom range from 20,00,000 INR to 50,00,000 INR. The average cost of living in the UK for an Indian student is around 12,00,000 INR per year.
How can I study medicine in the UK?
To study MBBS at UK universities, you must have a 10+2 certificate as well as UKCAT or BMAT test scores. NEET test scores are also required for Indian students.
Are there any medical scholarships available in the UK?
Yes, there are a variety of scholarships available to study medicine in the UK. To find out more, contact Studywise International.
Your Splendid Future is Just a Few Steps Away!
Get free 1-on-1 Counselling by Our Experts!Get Me Free Counseling