For international students, transitioning to study in a Irish or UK university can be an overwhelming experience. Therefore, taking a Foundation in Business course before your university studies can set you up for future success in a number of ways:
- Develop your academic English skills, including presentation skills
- Enhance your subject knowledge in Maths, Business and Economics
- Adapt to western teaching styles, lecture environments and academic standards
- Receive personalised university placement advice and support
- Get guaranteed access to an NCUK university upon successful completion of the course
Who needs a Foundation Course?
The International Foundation in Business programme is specifically designed for international students who:
- Have completed their local high school qualification (or O-Level qualification)
- Have completed A-Levels or equivalent, but do not meet the entry requirements for university admission
- Need to improve their English language before studying university in Ireland or UK
- Would like to keep their options open and receive full support with their university applications
September & January
9 months (September intake) or 7 months (January intake)
€14,600 plus registration (€2,000 scholarship available for September 2023)
- Successfully completed high school examinations.
- Have a minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS for September, January is 5.5 IELTS.